Monday, August 1, 2011

I'll Flip Ya!






Wow, I have such great friends. I had Terry, Chantel, Badass, Karyn, and Hutch show up last night to help me flip the boat over with Adrienne and I (it's so much easier with more hands!). I had finally finshed the bottom, and she looks great!
Today was a holiday here in Canada so I spent the time doing boat work (Adrienne and Karyn went to the beach...I guaranteed I had more fun!).
Today, did some minor epoxy work where the old chain plates were and where the new rudder post is. I sanded them smooth and got a few coats of paint on them. I also painted around where the new spin launcher bar is. I added the Black Sheep insignia, as well as the forward spin halyard block.
As for what's left to do before finally sailing her this weekend, I've got the following to do:
1) Finish painting
2) Re-install rudder gugions.
3) Install hydro turf
4) Install spin launcher sock
5) Install hiking straps
6) Make new lines for Gnav and cunningham.
7) Add Jib halyard fine tune
It's getting close!

2 comments:

  1. We're expecting to see the posted results this week-end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this blog on SA and really admire you for doing this for the class and with your family.

    I may do the same thing someday if we ever get a class in Long Beach,Ca

    ReplyDelete